Tuesday 4 November 2014

Home!

Last week was reading week, which I felt was somewhat of a con. With one of my two modules being a self guided project this term, I'm pretty low on contact hours. I'm not complaining, I have plenty of reading and essay writing to be doing, but this meant reading week didn't really give me much more time to get things done. It did however come with greatly increased expectations of work from all my lecturers. Yay.

That being said, I'm still a massive fan of 'the reading week'. I made the most of  zero contact hours to spend time at home. Uni is cool and all, but there's nothing like spending some time with the family. My family has always been pretty close, but at the same time we're great at giving each other space too, I think we've got a pretty good balance going on :)



I was able to break up all the reading with cuddles with my dogs, and I've caught up with home friends, family, and family friends too. Home is also somewhere in the middle of the extreme west and east distance between my university and Rob's, and it was cool for him to have a shorter than normal train journey when he popped over for a weekend. 

I could also use my infinitely better desk. (Admittedly most of the time I still did my usual sitting on the floor, but I like having the choice, you know?) 


I didn't get to do this as much as I would have liked, but I was able to venture outside and walk my dogs. Autumn is probably my favorite time of year, and the common is beautiful. I couldn't stay coped up in a city and miss out on the opportunity for some walks in the countryside ;)

The week also saw me finally cave and join the world of Pintrest. I've known that I would love all the mood board organising and D.I.Y projects for ages, but I was trying to avoid another distraction. I've now fully embraced this and spent a fair few hours looking at bookcases. I really should be slightly ashamed, but well, If I'm being honest, and I'm all for honesty, I'm really not. The bookcases were just far too pretty.

Pintrest is also partly responsible for my typography inspired photo at the top of this post. It's a beginners attempt, but hopefully I can try our some more ideas and improve. :)

I've hoped you've all had good weeks too. I'm firmly back in uni reality now, but I'm balancing out the deadline dread with a countdown to Christmas. I'm probably one of the only people that loves the early Christmas goods that sneak into shops from October, but it's November now, I can get excited!
(I accept that I'm probably wrong, but the excitement is still building.) 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig