Tuesday 30 December 2014

Farnham Foods: Caracoli


Caracoli is a relatively new addition to Farnham (well I say new, it's been a good year) and can be found in the cobbled Lion and Lamb Yard. It's the perfect place for it. Its a coffee shop that has that quaint, homemade kind of character, but still feels very modern. The Farnham branch is one of four, and it has its own independent personality, creating a welcome change from the national chains that do the job, but are pretty samey.  

 It's small so has that busy buzzing atmosphere that all coffee shop fans know and love, but it's size stops this from being overpowering - it feels welcoming and friendly. I visited on a freezing cold day, and it provided a snug place to shelter. It has a small courtyard outside which will be great come summer. 



All the food is homemade, fresh, filling, and very reasonable priced. There were plenty of veggie friendly options, and I opted for a Goats Cheese and Tomato Focaccia for £3.75. It was served warm with a side of dressed salad leaves which was a great touch and I loved it, it was very very tasty. I didn't have room for cake, but they looked amazing, so I'm going to have to go back. 

There are lots of drink choices: Hot drinks, Smoothies, and a cold drinks chiller stuffed with Sicilian Lemonade and other goodies. 

(Fun Fact: The Winchester Branch is home to the UK Latte art champion for 2012,2013 AND 2014!)

 Rob considered the Hot Chocolate to be 'better than Costa' and there are lots of choices of loose tea too, Caracoli having pretty much the entire T2 Tea range! :D I picked a 'Sencha Peach' loose tea and it came in one of those cool little 'Forlife' tea pots with the infuser that sits inside. I'm one of 'those people' that gets excited about tea pots, I should probably be embarrassed, but they're just so cool and compact, you know? I got a good three cups for £2.35, and its possibly my new favorite tea. 

Loads of the tea was for sale along with other fancy foodie goodies. You could buy massive bottles of lemonade, or other beverages. and there were loads of fancy pastas, pesto, antipasti, that sort of thing. None of it was cheap, but it all looked nice, and would be great for gifts or a special occasion. 


Takeaway options are also available, so if you can't find space in the small cafe, you need not miss out! 







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig