Monday 23 February 2015

Cruelty Free Toiletries: Toothy Tabs




It took me a while to get my head around these Toothy Tabs from Lush, but I'm definitely converted. What are they? Essentially a solid version of toothpaste. But more importantly, vegan, cruelty free,  and Eco-friendly.

Using Them:
It comes as lots of small circles, or 'tabs'. Each time you brush your teeth you take one, crunch it between your front teeth/crumble it up, and then start brushing with a wet toothbrush. From here on it's pretty much the same old drill, brush brush brush, and it foams up and takes a 'normal' toothpaste consistency. When you've finished make sure to rinse out all the foam, and voila, squeaky clean shiny teeth.


The packaging is completely recyclable. I never really thought about just how bad toothpaste tubes are for the environment. They're non recyclable, and the aluminium lining inside them is a non renewable material. We get through billions of them between us, and they make up so much waste. 
There also really compact and light which makes them perfect for travelling, and just generally saving space. 

Since they come portioned out you can always be sure that you're using the right amount. Your teeth will get the stuff they need, but you wont be overusing it either. You can say goodbye to the hassle of cutting open a tube to get that awkward bit of paste, and hello to zero waste. 

The ingredients are self preserving and fluoride free. Baking powder and essential oils have it covered. I love the concept behind the 'toothy tabs' it makes an already great product even better.


Draw Backs?
I can only think of one, and it happens to be totally avoidable. If you leave them on the side in the bathroom the condensation will make the tabs, and packaging, slightly damp. It doesn't effect the product at all, and they will dry out again, but I didn't love the feeling of 'crunching' a soggy tab. If you keep them in a bathroom cabinet this wont be a problem :) 



The Different Types
So far I've tried the 'Dirty' and 'Breath of God' flavors. I like both, but 'Dirty' is a classic mint toothpaste flavor so I'd recommend that one for a first attempt/ getting used to the product trial. It smells great, and gives you really fresh smelling breath. 

'Breath of God' is also quite safe. If you've smelt the Lush fragrance with the same name, then you know what this smells like! If not, I'd describe it as another very fresh scent, it contains vanilla and sandalwood so think along those lines. I don't love the taste when brushing as much as 'dirty', but it leaves your mouth feeling amazingly clean, and smells delicious. It took me a little while to get used to the slightly brown colour when I spat it out, but these are all tiny tiny picky comments, basically its great.  

You can also be adventurous and branch out a bit, there's a rose flavored one that I'm keen to give a go. 

Price: From £2.00 (Dirty) to £3.00 (Aquatic

Have you tried the 'Toothy Tabs'? If so, what did you think?


*Caution:packaging may turn you into a walrus/ grinning moustache wearer *



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig