Sunday 12 April 2015

Cruelty Free Nail Stamping with Barry M


I'm a long long way away from being a nail art Jedi, but its something that I like to have fun with. Makeup on the whole is pretty creative, but nail art takes it to a whole new level. You can try out much bolder designs and it lasts for longer that a day. Stamping gives you a really professional finish without too much hassle. 

I'm not going to talk you through a stamping tutorial,this blog post by 'Polish Me Please' has everything covered, but I am going to reassure you that with a small amount of practice it really is doable!

I've found the Barry M Gelly range to be perfect for cruelty free stamping. You want a polish that only needs one coat to get a nice finish, and these ones have got that down.


I used: 
-Barry M 'White'
-Barry M Gelly in 'Chilli'
-Barry M 'All in One Nail Paint'for the top coat
-MoYou 'Explorer Plate Collection 10'
-Nail Stamper and Scraper (My set was a present so I'm not sure where it came from, but I think it was a cheaper dupe for this)
Handy stamping things: loo roll, nail varnish remover, and cotton buds.

Obviously any cotton buds will work fine, but these ones are extra thin and perfect for nail art, I picked them up without realising this, but they're great! You can get them from muji.

I looked at nail stamping pictures enviously for a long time before I decided to give it a go. I thought that it would be really fiddly and expensive, but the plates and stampers can be brought for under £5, and they can be used again and again. It's also not that hard. If you've been sitting on the fence, go for it!

If you know of any other cruelty free nail varnish brands that are great for stamping, let me know!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig