Sunday 7 June 2015

The Visited Shelf: One Tree Books



This installment of the 'visited shelf', the mini series where I talk about great independent bookshops, is brought to you from One Tree Books, Petersfeild.

One Tree Book has everything you need from a bookshop and a few extras thrown in too. They have this really cool scheme called the 'Book Doctor', where a personally selected book is sent to you once a month based on your interests and likes. The owner also writes a great book blog and if you're local you can join the book club

Inside its bright, spacious and open plan which makes browsing really easy. Its not the biggest bookshop ever but they can order any in print British book for you and ship it worldwide. The choice also seemed to be pretty good. The central tables have displays with recently released or talked about books, and the selection on the shelves added to this. 


The back of the shop is home to the children's section, games, and a cafe! I didn't have time to stop for tea of cake when I popped in, but it looked great, and its such a nice idea. It makes a great change from the Costa-Waterstones combo. It seems to have a good selection of drinks and cakes, and even has a locally sourced lunch menu to top everything off. 

Upstairs houses classical music, travel and reference, so the shop caters for a fair few needs.


I brought by self a cope of The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton and Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (J. K. Rowling). Silkworm is the second book in the Cormoran Strike series, I enjoyed the first, so I've been meaning to get myself a copy of this for a while.  J. K. Rowling is a really good storyteller. Her books are easy to read and the plots suck you in, I though she would be a great way to get myself back in to reading fiction after a year of Uni, and so far its working, I'm enjoying it!  

You can find out more about One Tree Books on their website, facebook, and twitter.


You can read other visited shelf post here
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Comment below and I'll do my best to reply :)

© Lucadonta . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig